Install Certificates on Apache OpenSSL
- Follow the naming convention for Apache, rename the certificate filename with the .crt extension.
- Copy your certificate into the directory that you will be using to hold your certificates. For example: %path%/conf/ssl/.
- Copy the Root, Intermediate and Cross certificates into the same directory. For example: %path%/conf/ssl/.
- Open the ssl.conf file using a text editor. It should be in this directory: %path%/conf/.
- Locate the following directives in ssl.conf:
- SSLCACertificateFile – This need to point to the appropriate root CA certificate.
- SSLCertificateChainFile – This need to poin to the appropriate intermediate and cross certificate.
- SSLCertificateFile – This is Your certificate.
- SSLCertificateKeyFile – This need to point to the private key file assiciated with Your certificate.
- Save the changes.
- Restart Apache.
Is this typical Linux way? Like the old days in DOS and Windows 3.x using config.sys, system.ini and win.ini.